The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended; Privacy Act) which governs the handling of personal information about individuals pertaining to collection, use and disclosure including access to and correction of this information.
Collection of your personal information
We will only collect your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the conduct of our functions or activities. We will collect personal information in the course of providing our goods and services to customers and in other dealings with those customers and prospective customers.
Where we collect your personal information we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where we collect your personal information, and it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect it directly from you. There may be occasions where we receive or collect personal information about you from a third party. Where it is lawful or practical to do so, you may choose to deal with us anonymously (for example, when enquiring about our goods and services generally).
Kinds of information collected
The type of personal information we collect and hold will depend on the reasons for, or circumstance of, its collection and may include:
- Your name and contact details
- Other personal information you give us when you request goods or services from us.
- Information contained in any communications between you and Twin Creeks Golf & Country Club
- Information contained in an application form or other document given to us
- Payment and transactional information about your acquisition and use of our goods and services
- Any information we are required to collect by law.
- Collection of other information from our website and online
We provide information through a range of digital and online services including websites, apps, email, online advertisements and social media profiles.
How your personal information is stored
We may collect your personal information in relation to your interactions and transactions with us including but not limited to participating in a promotion, competition, survey, registering for our e-newsletter and using related digital services. We also operate video and audio surveillance devices in our premises.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including public sources, information service providers, providers who administer our products and services or by anyone authorised to act on your behalf. We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form at our own premises.
We implement a range of measures to protect the security of the personal information you provide. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose. Unfortunately the internet is not a secure place and we cannot guarantee security of your personal information.
How we use your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for or in connection with our functions and activities which may include:
- Confirming your identity when you contact us
- Providing you with any of our goods and services or information
- Communicating directly with you (including direct marketing) and providing marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email), our digital services and other means
- Conducting market research
- Maintaining and updating our records;
- Working with our service providers;
- Administering and managing the provision of our goods and services to you, including billing and debt collection
- Addressing any queries, feedback or complaints we receive from you
- Developing, improving and marketing our goods and services
- Complying with relevant laws, regulations and codes
- Using your personal information for any other purpose that it was collected for or any related purpose for which we are entitled to use your personal information.
Where we are not able to collect personal information that we require to conduct a particular function or activity, it may restrict or limit our ability to conduct or perform that function or activity.
Where your personal information is provided to a third party for the purpose of providing goods or services as requested by you, we will take steps to ensure that third party recipients protect the privacy and security of your personal information and use it only for the purpose in which it is disclosed.
Security of your personal information
We protect any personal information that we collect and hold about you from misuse or loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we need to disclose your personal information to a service provider or third party, we prohibit them from using your personal information except for the specific purpose that we have provided it.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose in which the information may be used or disclosed in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information collected by us is accurate and up-to-date at the time of collecting, using and disclosing that information.
If you learn that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you should contact us.
Access to your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to personal information that we hold about you, although in some circumstances, the law may not permit us to provide such information to you. We may ask you to put your request in writing. If we are not able to provide you with access to any of your personal information held by us, we will tell you the reasons why this is the case.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, you may do by sending your correspondence to:
Twin Creeks Golf & Country Club
2-8 Twin Creeks Drive
Luddenham NSW 2745
Phone: 02 9670 8888
Fax: 02 9670 8800
If you have any feedback or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, please contact in writing at the above address of via our email address provided. We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests.